pinkdiamond: (Default)

I’ve been looking through my stash of fabrics with a calculating eye and have finally settled on a few absolutely desperate to make right now projects. Most of which use my stash in some way or another ๐Ÿ™‚ This is all locked in and I have plans for what occasion each will be for ๐Ÿ™‚


freya2 freya3ย norma_shearer_-26


Freya from Hunstman: Winter’s Warย (robes and armour) & Norma Shearer from Upstage


The armour can be from my stash (so lucky!) so can Norma’s gown. It’s the robes that is currently making my brain itch because I need to calculate and create my patterns precisely.


But that slinky velvet. Obsessed. There is a preview that has survived and it’s at the NZ film archive! The skirt front of the gown isn’t so exciting but the rest is. And I have many options to adapt the front of the skirt. And a lot of research as slinky gowns abound in the 1920s.


mantuamolย 76c655368e1abea996bf521c24afb1a3 kjole


An early mantua.ย 


These are illustrative only, I am trying to debate between my stash options of black ribbed silk or a shot pale blue polyester. 9m of each!


satinmeshwedding24 b83806b7


Sheer 1870s


I have about 12m of cotton net. Now that I have my fluffy Robe de Style in lace I can put it all towards a fashion style that has had a dedicated folder for over a decade!


 


These are “new” projects. I am still working on my wall of things but these are mostly stash busting so really just a shifting around in my workroom ๐Ÿ™‚


 


 


To finish:


Marie Antoinette: thought I’d forgeotten? AHAHAHAHAH! All my trims are here so time to start patterning and washing sizing out of trims ๐Ÿ™‚


Cleves red velvet: this is long term hand sewing. And fiddly. But everything is put aside.


Valois: the skirt needs hemming and I am worried I have been rushing the stitches. Also the silk is insanely difficult to work with. I have scrap silk that is less difficult to try!


Silver Spanish: it’s lining, so much lining. I also took out some extra weight from the skirt to make it wearable.


Princess de Cleves: You’d think a doublet would be easy. Nope. But I figure I can couch some braid over the existing braid for some extra texture!


 


Hannibal gown: reassembly!


Phantom wedding gown: in storage with the Hannibal gear, no rush, but it is silly to leave it this long!


Mina: I have toย make the lining absolutely perfect as the silk has zero stretch and all my bodices have had some stretch. I now have the same ripstop cotton as for the bustle so it will be done!!! For my birthday? Maybe…


Worth Sunburst:ย on hold, I did just find my 9m length of pale aqua silk chiffon so I may wind up with my own interpretation of the gown seeing as there are two extant versions already.ย Also I have glass pearls set aside and that is more of the Kyoto style than Met style ๐Ÿ™‚


 


Ahsoka: lost a bit of steam on this. Still want to finish her ๐Ÿ™‚


Mothma: my dress shrank :/ I’m thinking of passing on the fabric parts to just reset.


Darth Talon: New bikini is fantastic! ANd I do need new lekku. My 2nd set are just too heavy ๐Ÿ™‚


Ashara: potentially be remade into my own SWTOR jedi knight Neimhaille ๐Ÿ™‚


Nyreen: With Andromeda coming out and more female turians running around I dug out my robes for her that were about to be thrown out. So resizing them ๐Ÿ™‚


Leia: my senatorial robes have just gone into the wash, I got new photos for my tutorial, and finally found a pair of soles that work! SHe has no heel, her shoes are made with that really gummy rubber and there are so many cool seams in her boots anyway.


Draenei: slightly on the back burner again. I have a habit of wanting to figure out how then figuring it out andย then not really wanting to finish ๐Ÿ˜‰


 


So at the heart of it I love patterning, and figuring stuff out, not so much the final stages. Ah well ๐Ÿ˜‰

pinkdiamond: (Default)

I forgot to bring my charger to the hospital so picked one up there (it’s bright green, so my phone looks like a flower ๐Ÿ™‚ ) and a pair of scissors.


I had a cunning plan to force myself to sit down and work out the basic element of a new costume obsession. Without scissors this wasn’t going to happen ๐Ÿ˜‰


It did work. But I have not been able to reproduce the results so have to keep the test and try to work it out again. I think I needed to be a bit more careful with proportions. but I thought I had it wrong until I reviewed the reference and realised I was slightly misreading, and I do indeed have it!


I am not sure if I’ll work out a tutorial except by video!


Anyway. My neighbouring infusion patients were curious and I showed them the reference picture and why it’s a puzzle. And so we had a quietly fun little corner. I should add in the ward we are monitored so at times that can be pretty sensitive. So there is a very definite sense of belonging in a way we don’t speak about but rely on.


 

Profile

pinkdiamond: (Default)
pinkdiamond

April 2017

S M T W T F S
       1
2 3 45678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30      

Syndicate

RSS Atom

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2017 10:10 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios